Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jumanji- 1982 Caldecott Winner

I chose to read Jumanji because it reminded me of the many times that I watched the movie as a child. I vaguely recall having the book read to me back in grade school, but there is no way I could forget the many nights that the movie Jumanji would be on television and my sisters and I would watch it, completely engrossed. Presently, I enjoy the book more than the movie because I feel that the movie was a little bit drawn out. I think that the book got the point across in about 15 pages of text just as well as the movie did. I also really enjoyed the beautiful illustrations in the story. The pictures are incredibly realistic and would be great to show to a classroom of young children. I really enjoyed reading this book. It helped me to realize even more how books are important to read because they can actually prove be better than the movie, despite what most children will tell you.

No comments: