Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Mama Needs Me- 1984 Coretta Scott King illustrator winner

My Mama Needs Me would not be a book that I would recommend to others to read. It wasn't a bad book for a one-time read, but it's not something that I would want to read any more than that. It also is not one of the top books that I have read in awhile, which would be why I would not recommend it to others. It wasn't that I disliked the book; it just was not one of my favorites. This is a cute book for portraying how children always want to be of help to their parents, but it doesn't really have a point other than that. I can relate to the book because I know that I would do whatever I could to help my mother with my younger sister after she was born. Jason is no different that any other child who wants take over the duties of caring for a younger sibling. I think that children would be able to relate to him, but they would not find the book interesting or funny because there is nothing out of the ordinary that happens. I just do not feel that this book would be able to hold their attention. It would be something they would have to read as they got older because they might be able to relate to it better thinking back to when they were younger.

No comments: