Sunday, November 16, 2008

Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type- Required Read

Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type is a very enjoyable story for young children. Although it is geared for elementary school kids, I found myself laughing along with the story when I first read it. I had never even heard of it before this year, but Click, Clack, Moo is definitely a book that I will be using in my classroom if at all possible. Not only did I read it for my Children's Literature class, but my cooperating teacher also had it for me to read to the Kindergarten class that I am working with. The kids absolutley loved it. They enjoyed following along with the story and mooing when the cows did. Not only is it a fun book for them, it also can be used to teach older students about politics. In the story, it says that duck is the neutral party, so he brings the ultimatum from Farmer Brown to the cows. I think that the older students would find the story silly, but also humorous. It is always nice to take a break from a boring textbook and read something that you have not heard in awhile. The message of negotiating that Click, Clack, Moo sends can be important for any age level. Things are not always going to be exactly the way you want them, so it's important to agree on something that both people can live with.

No comments: