Sunday, November 23, 2008

Oh, No! Where Are My Pants?- Poetry Anthology

Oh, No! Where Are My Pants? is a poetry anthology about people who are dealing with terrible days. This book is so easy to relate to because everyone has had a day when they feel that nothing is going right. That is the entire basis for each of these poems. Some of them are humorous and some of them are quite sad, but they all are situations that can really take place. I would love to have my own copy of this book. I think that it would cheer me up if I were ever having a bad day. Reading some of the poems allows you to think, "Well, I guess things could be worse...". I would use the funny poems to cheer me up and the more heartfelt poems as something to relate to. Either way, I think that this book is great for any age group. I think that children would enjoy its humor and older kids would like the fact that it is something that they can relate to. This also shows the different ways poems can be written. Something like this is vital in getting kids and adults both interested in poetry. A lot of people have preconceived notions about poetry that are entirely false. I think that this book would help to get ride of some of these.

No comments: