Friday, November 14, 2008

Frog Goes to Dinner- Wordless Book

Frog Goes to Dinner is a wordless storybook. When I first saw that we had to read a book of this type, I thought that I was going to find it boring and confusing. I didn't think it was possible to write a decent story without using any words. This book proved me wrong. It has such great illustrations that readers of any age would have no problem following along. A story of this nature gives the reader a plot to follow, but allows them to make up any dialouge to go along with it. You can tell how the characters are feeling by the expression on their faces, but what exactly they are saying is left up to the imagination. I think that this book would be great for any child that cannot yet read. It would show how well they can interpret the pictures. They are very entertaining, so the children should enjoy them.

No comments: